Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Drawing

I teach drawings faces to my students and I was thinking about some recommendation my art teacher at Emily Carr University told me and I would like to share with you... You must carry your sketchbook with you all time and draw daily; it is not an excuse to say "I don't have time", use your sketchbook like a diary for remembering ideas, people and places you have been with sketches, cutting and pasting and writing. Write comments in your sketchbook and if you have chance review books, shows, notes an magazines from art. Don't copy master drawings but try to sketch it, use your sketchbook to explore media and techniques and practice sketching real and imaginary spaces. Drawings need not be “finished.” You need quality of observations in your sketchbook and enjoy your drawings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment